- Write down your weight loss goal and why you want to lose weight on a piece of paper
Put this piece of paper on the fridge door, somewhere where you will see it everyday.
- Compose a food diary
Compose a diary of everything you eat in one week, this will work as a shock tactic into exactly how much you eat, and where you can make some changes/cut backs
- Always leave something on the plate
This can save about 100 calories a day, which can really add up throughout the year.
- Watch one less hour of TV
TV will make you hungry and more prone to snacking.
- Only eat when you are hungry
Wait for your stomach to rumble, as this is a good indication that you are hungry. Otherwise drink water, as you may be mistaking hunger for thirst.
- Spend 10 minutes a day walking up and down stairs
This Is a great calorie burner and body toner, that can assist weight loss.
- Try to walk 45 minutes every day
This will burn an additional 300 calories a day! Walking is an excellent fat burner!
- Buy a fit band or pedometer, aim for at least 10,000 steps a day
10,000 steps a day is recommend for health and weight management!
- Order/ eat small portions
This will limit the amount of food you are eating and you will be surprised how satisfied you are with smaller portions.
- Eat vegetables
Make sure your veggies take up the largest portion of your plate!
For more health and wellness advice take a look at our SkinnyMe Weight Loss Programs. We spent a year collaborating with experts in nutrition, naturopathy, personal training and yoga to bring you these quality and effective Programs which are easily incorporated into your daily routine and produce real results.