Deep breathing is one of the easiest ways to improve your health and the beauty is you can do it anywhere, at any time. In a nutshell, deep breathing means that more oxygen will be readily available to be used by your body. Deep breathing can help you to relax, release muscle tension and help you to feel calm. Long-Term Tip: Spend some time each day consciously breathing slowly and rhythmically, and bringing air down deeper into your lungs and diaphragm. It is a simple trick to feel re-energized and focused. According to Better Health, some of the benefits include -
- lowered blood pressure and heart rate
- reduced levels of stress hormones in the blood
- reduced lactic acid build-up in muscle tissue
- balanced levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood
- improved immune system functioning
- increased physical energy
- increased feelings of calm and wellbeing.
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Breathing_to_reduce_stress?open (accessed 19th October 2015).