Green smoothies are incredibly popular – and for good reason too! Not only are they simple to make, they are so good for you – simply add your favourite greens and blend! It’s the dark, leafy greens we add to our smoothies that assist to create the benefits. Dark leafy greens contain high-quality amino acids, important minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and beneficial phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are plant-based chemicals that support your immune system, improve health and longevity, and may reduce diseases.
We love Green Smoothies Because -
- Natural energy booster to keep a little pep in your step in the morning (and during those afternoon slumps).
- Natural weight loss can be a happy side effect of gulping these in place of a typical breakfast (just make sure to include healthy fats and protein to make it a more complete meal).\
- Stay healthy all-year-long. Simple way to boost your immune system when you’re feeling under the weather.
- Packed with disease-fighting antioxidants. The phytonutrients in leafy greens boost your body’s immune system and keep it functioning properly.
- Hands down— The best fast food. It takes less than 5 minutes to make a green smoothie (and clean up!) and they’re super easy to take on the go– especially when you prep ahead.
Green Smoothie Recipe
1½ cups water
1 head organic romaine lettuce, chopped
½ head of large bunch or ¾ of small bunch organic spinach
3–4 stalks organic celery
1 organic apple, cored and chopped
1 organic pear, cored and chopped
1 organic banana
Juice of ½ organic lemon
1/3 bunch organic coriander (stems okay)
1/3 bunch organic parsley (stems okay)
Add the water and chopped head of romaine and spinach to the blender. Starting the blender on a low speed, mix until smooth.
Gradually moving to higher speeds, add the celery, apple and pear. Add the coriander and parsley if you choose. Add the banana and lemon juice last.