A brilliant form of exercise that really targets your core muscle groups and promotes weight loss through the high intensity of the exercises.
Do each exercise at high intensity for 45 seconds followed by 15 seconds of rest.
- Mountain climbers - Mountain climbers is a full body work out and here are a few of the muscles they work; Deltoids, biceps, triceps, pectoralis major, obliques, rectus abdominals, lower trapezius, latissimus dorsi, quadriceps, hamstrings, hip adductors, hip abductors.
- Push ups - exercise the pectoral muscles, triceps, and anterior deltoids, with ancillary benefits to the rest of the deltoids, serratus anterior, coracobrachialis and the midsection as a whole.
- Squats - although squats are often regarded as "leg" exercises, they actually offer benefits throughout your entire body, including deep within your core.
- Crunches - Crunches are primarily a core strengthening exercise which works the pectorals major, rectus abdominals, external obliques, internal obliques and transverse abdominals.
- Burpees - Burpees are a full body exercise but here are just a few of the muscles they work, deltoids, biceps, triceps, pectorals major, obliques, abdominals, quadriceps, gluteus maximus, hamstrings and gastrocnemius (calf) just to name a few.
- Plank - The plank works almost every main muscle and here are a few: deltoids, biceps, triceps, obliques, rectus abdominis, latissimus dorsi, pectorals major, gluteus maximus, quadriceps, hamstrings, gastrocnemius.
- Jump Squats - The squat jump is a full body exercise that requires no equipment and can be performed anywhere, it is great to get the heart pumping and also strengthens the legs and glutes.
- Tricep dips - In addition to the triceps brachii, dips use the anterior deltoids in the front of the shoulders and the pectoralis major and pectoralis minor of the chest as assisting muscles. This exercise also engages the rhomboids of the upper back, the latissiums dorsi that runs along the back of the ribs and the levator scapulae, a small muscle along the neck. The biceps and the lower portion of the trapezius muscle of the upper back stabilize your joints as you dip down and push back up.
- High knees - Great cardio exercise to get the heart pumping if performed regularly it will improve flexibility and power in the lower limbs. Muscle groups worked include quadriceps, gastrocnemius, soleus, gluteus maximus, rectus abdominis, hamstrings, abductors, adductors, tibialis anterior.
- Lunges - The lunge is a total lower body workout it increases muscle tissue, shapes the lower body, gives more flexibility in the hips and also helps to strengthen the core.