Having “no time” to exercise is one of the oldest excuses in the book. As our lives and schedules become increasingly busier, it’s easy for exercise to be one of the first things to cull when we run out of time. Convenient, right?
We’re of the belief that no matter how hectic your life gets or how busy, there’s ALWAYS time to fit exercise in to your routine. Here are six tried and true strategies for squeezing exercise in to a busy daily routine.
1. Work out efficiently. Think high-intensity intervals, Tabata training, bodyweight exercises and running.
2. Cater to your own likes and dislikes. Do more of the exercises you enjoy, and less of the ones you don’t enjoy.
3. Use competitions as motivation! Sign up to something and set a goal.
4. Make a schedule and stick to it! Remind yourself that working out is a priority worth keeping.
5. Track your activity levels. Keep a workout log to monitor your progress.
6. Choose some movement over none. Squeeze in fitness wherever you can.