A detox bath is a way to help cleanse the body, relax the mind, and provide extra support to various systems of the body. There are different types of detox baths that you can take, each with their own goal and benefits provided. Some of them are pretty classic, others are baths you might not have heard about before.
1. Sea Salt Detox Bath– A salt bath is one of the oldest baths out there, and has been used for decades to help people relax. But did you also know that the salt itself can help to pull toxins out of the body, as well as provide extra benefits to your skin. This recipe uses sea salt, so you are getting all natural salt and not the kind that is iodised and sold in bulk in cylindrical containers. Some of the benefits reported from taking this bath: having more energy at the start of the day, not needing a caffeine jolt, and feeling better throughout the day.
2. Essential Oils Detox Bath– You can turn a bath into a sensory sensation just by adding some essential oils to it. The great part is that you can be very strategic with this and include oils based on what you’re problem du jour is. Let’s say you’re having a long day and you feel totally fatigued. There’s an essential oil for that and you’d want to choose peppermint for that bath. They have it all mapped out for you and have you covered whether you’re feeling stressed, depressed, worn out, or if you’re having a headache. It’s customized detoxing in a tub!
3. Hydrogen Peroxide Detox Bath– Also referred to as an oxygen detox bath, the use of hydrogen peroxide gives it plenty of healing properties. For starters it helps your body get rid of toxins, providing that detoxifying effect you’re going for. It is also antibacterial and antiviral, which makes it a great bath to take if you’ve been around a large group of people, have traveled by bus, train, or plane that day, or otherwise have been subjected to a situation that provided plenty of chance of getting germy. The recommended soaking time is a half hour, so enjoy and don’t forget to calm the mind while you’re in there.
4. Ginger Detox Bath– Ginger is a root that has plenty of healthy properties when you eat it, but it can also be used in other ways to help the body, like making a ginger bath. They say you can use different forms of it, either grating fresh ginger into the bath or sprinkling in some ginger powder. The author of the recipe says that it’s a way to get the body to sweat a lot more and get an extra amount of toxins out, similar to taking a sauna or sitting in a steam room. They say it led to feelings of increased energy, feeling cleaner, and kicking the symptoms of an oncoming cold.
5. Baking Soda Detox– Did you know that common baking soda, the kind you might keep in your fridge to absorb the odors, can also be used as a detoxing device? That’s right, just by adding this to a bath you are giving it properties it otherwise wouldn’t have. It’s been said that this bath can help you de-stress. It’s important to look at stress as a toxic condition, and to look at ways of relaxing as a way to detox the body. The scientific way of referring to baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, and it’s great for neutralizing the chlorine that’s been added to most city water sources. It’s hard to detox in a bath that is full of a toxic chemical, so it’s good that this makes it naturally cleaner
6. Bentonite Clay Detox Bath– Bentonite clay is presented as a way of taking a heavy metal detox bath since it is said that it draws these metals out through its magnetism. Heavy metals can enter the body through any number of ways, and chances are if you haven’t cleansed your body of them yet, you have accumulated them over the years. The most common way is just by drinking water than hasn’t been properly filtered. Other ways are through dental work, eating foods that have been treated with certain chemicals, and much more. That’s why it’s important to do a regular detox for these heavy metals.
7. Seaweed Detox Bath– This uses a special mix of clay, bladderwrack, and kelp to create a bath like you probably haven’t had before. They claim it helps to increase the flow of blood as well as lymph fluids in the body by creating an electromagnetism that isn’t achieved with other detox bath methods. The instructions are easy enough to follow, and 20 to 30 minutes later you’ll be all done. This package takes the guesswork out of what should go into your bath, and makes it really easy to just dump it in, mix it up, and hop in for a good detoxifying soak.
8. Epsom Salt Detox– Epsom salts are great to have around the house because they have many uses when it comes to your health. One of those is to put them in the bath with you so that it is drawing out toxins while you are relaxing in a hot bath. Epsom salt is said to be able to help with the circulatory system as well as improving nerve functions. Taking a regular epsom salt bath is a relatively easy and painless way to improve your health and well-being. Here’s an easy step by step on how to draw a bath relying mostly on epsom salts.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Bath– If you’re not familiar with the benefits of apple cider vinegar, it’s important to take the time to learn about what it can do for you, both taken internally, and used externally to treat a number of conditions. Here they’re using it in a detox bath to help with conditions like arthritis and gout, as well as anything else caused by inflammation. This is a good bath to take if you feel you need to sweat the toxins out, and also if you want to make sure that you get to sleep without lying awake with a wandering mind.
10. Magnetic Clay Detox Bath– Here’s a special clay that is said to be magnetized so that it draws certain things from your body. The great part about these clays is that you can use them to treat certain conditions, like having excessive amounts of mercury in your body, or things like arsenic and aluminum. Each one is specially formulated to treat that specific material. They break down the sources of these contaminants to help you assess which ones you’re most at risk for. You can use them in succession so that you make sure you are free of all of these metals and then focus on maintaining that state.