Making your own Apple Cider Vinegar is a fun unique way to get rid of those apples in your fruit bowl that nobody will eat!
Follow this link to watch how it is done!
- 6 granny smith apples
- 6 red delicious apples
- 1 orange
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 whole nutmeg (sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon of cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
You will also need a stockpot, potato masher, strainer, ladle, cheesecloth and large bowl.
- Wash all fruit and cut into quarters, add to pot
- Add sugar to pot
- Put spices in the cheese clothe and wrap tightly, place in the pot
- Cover with water and bring the pot to the boil for 1 hour
- Take out the cheese cloth, mash all the fruit in the pot, return the cheese cloth to the pot
- Let simmer for 2 hours
- Place your large bowl on the bench, place the strainer over the bowl and line the strainer with the cheesecloth.
- Ladle the mixture into the strainer
- When all the mixture is used squeeze the juices out of the cheesecloth through the strainer.
- Store in glass jars