Ginger detox baths are known for their ability to make you sweat. The hot bath allows your pores to open while when the ginger comes in contact with the skin it makes you sweat (quite a bit). The idea is that when your pores are opened and your body begins to sweat toxins are eliminated from the body.
Make sure you stay hydrated the day of a ginger detox bath soak as you will loose a lot of water from the ginger drawing out the toxins and from the heat of the bath.
Ginger Detox baths will make you sleepy and are great for any one who struggles to relax and fall asleep at night.
Here is a fantastic ginger detox bath soak recipe;
- 1/3 cup of Epsom salts
- 1/3 cup of Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup of baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of organic ground ginger
- 1 cup of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix the dry ingredients together and pour into your hot bath. Then add the apple cider vinegar.
- Jump in the bath when it’s the right temperature for you; try to soak for 30 minutes (this may be easier said than done), or as long as you can.
- After your soak you will continue to sweat for up to an hour, however you will be exhausted so jump into bed (without using any lotions) and relax, you will most likely fall asleep.