Love flowers but not sure where to begin when it comes to arrangements? With spring here there is no better to learn, here are some great tips to get you started!
- Choosing in-season flowers will cost you less money and make your arrangement more seasonally appropriate.
Spring: The most popular flowers for springtime include daffodils, peonies, tulips, sweet pea, narcissus, hyacinths, anemones, ranunculus, lilacs, delphiniums and boronia.
- In terms of vases, long, thin, trumpet-shaped vases work best for delicate, thin stemmed flowers and wide vases are better for large-headed, shorter-stemmed flowers.
- Use complimentary colours. Colour is very important when it comes to flower arrangement, however depends if you are doing an arrangement for your house, a friend’s birthday or a wedding for example. Ultimately the use of colour depends on the style and mood you're going for.
- Add some texture. You can add texture to your arrangement with some greenery, some woody stalks or other, season-appropriate items.
- Finally you need to consider the location of the finished arrangement. Place it somewhere central where you can admire it everyday.