- Choosing in-season flowers will cost you less money and make your arrangement more seasonally appropriate.
Spring: The most popular flowers for springtime include daffodils, peonies, tulips, sweet pea, narcissus, hyacinths, anemones, ranunculus, lilacs, delphiniums and boronia.
- In terms of vases, long, thin, trumpet-shaped vases work best for delicate, thin stemmed flowers and wide vases are better for large-headed, shorter-stemmed flowers.
- Use complimentary colours. Colour is very important when it comes to flower arrangement, however depends if you are doing an arrangement for your house, a friend’s birthday or a wedding for example. Ultimately the use of colour depends on the style and mood you're going for.
- Add some texture. You can add texture to your arrangement with some greenery, some woody stalks or other, season-appropriate items.
- Finally you need to consider the location of the finished arrangement. Place it somewhere central where you can admire it everyday.