We all wear make up, perhaps not everyday but a lot of the time. Here are some simple and effective tips to help you improve your makeup application techniques that will also help to maximise your results!
- Never put concealer or foundation on your eyelids as a base, it will cause your eye makeup to crease.
- Use your fingers to apply your foundation if you want sheer coverage and a brush if you more polished, medium to full coverage.
- You should put bronzer on your neck, face, and chest to even out your skin tone. Be sure to take a step back and make sure everything is the same colour.
- When applying blush, first smile, then start on the apple of the cheek, blend the blush back towards the top of the ear, then down toward the jawline.
- Always apply your brow pencil or powder to the upper portion of the eyebrow to lift your face up.
- With eye shadow, always start with a base shadow without any shimmer that matches the lightest skin tone on your face and apply all over your lid up to the brow. You should use this base shadow to make sure the darker shadows used on your lid up to the crease are properly blended.
- Instead of looking straight ahead at the mirror, get as close to it as possible, stick your head up and bring your chin toward the mirror. You want to look down as you apply, starting at the inner corner and making sure to go all the way out to the fold on the outside of the eye.