Chilled Avo Soup
- 2 Avocados
- 5 cups of green heirloom tomatoes (ensure they are ripe and if you can’t get them don’t worry just use other colours) – diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves of Garlic – finely chopped
- 5 leaves of Tarragon – finely chopped
- ¼ cup of Basil – finely chopped
- ¼ cup of Coriander – finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli – sliced and deseeded
- Blend the tomatoes in a blender until smooth and pour the mixture into a bowl and reserve half a cup.
- Add garlic, chilli and herbs to the blender and then add to the tomato mixture.
- Add the avocado, lime juice and reserved ½ cup of tomato mixture ad blend.
- Combine all mixture together, mix well and leave to chill in the fridge until cold and serve.
Cool Cucumber Soup
Serves 2 – 3
- 2 large cucumbers – peeled, 1 finely diced
- ½ red onion – diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/3 cup of dill
- ¼ cup parsley
- 10 leaves of tarragon
- 1 and a ½ cups of Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of Lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a blender except for the onion and ½ cup of cucumber and blend until smooth.
- Place in the fridge and chill for 4 hours (you can leave for less time or longer)
- Garnish with onion and cucumber and season to taste.
Fresh Pea Spring Soup
- 500 grams of fresh shelled peas
- 2 cups parsley
- 2 brown onions – diced
- 4 cloves garlic – crushed
- 1 liter of organic natural vegetable stock – heated up
- zest of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Olive oil
- In a pot over the stove cook the onion and some salt in the olive oil until translucent then add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and peas, bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Add in the parsley and stir to combine.
- Place the soup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the lemon and olive oil and season too taste.
- Place in the fridge and serve when completely chilled.
- 3 kgs of tomatoes – diced
- 1 cucumber – peeled and diced
- 2 capsicums – diced
- 1 jalapeño – sliced
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Put contents of the bowl into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain into bowls and season to taste.
Borscht (Beetroot Soup)
- 2 cups of fresh beetroot – diced
- 2 cups cabbages – finely sliced
- 2 cups of carrot – diced
- 2 cups of onion – diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of organic vegetable stock
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large pot simmer the stock, beetroot, carrot and onion covered for 30 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cabbage and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- Stir in desired amount of dill and the salt and pepper.