Condiments, such as sauces, are readily available to purchase at supermarkets, there are 100’s of varieties of your favorite premade sauces and they can be too easy to purchase, as they are quite convenient. However, did you know that you favourite store bought sauce is most likely riddled with additives, preservatives and more often than not an extremely high sugar content!
Homemade sauces, can be easy and fun to make and not to mention sugar free!!
Here are a few of our classic sauces made sugar free and Paleo.
1 tub tomato paste
2 tbsp. vinegar
¼ tsp dry mustard
1/3 cup water
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 pinch ground cloves
1 pinch ground all spice
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Leave refrigerated over night for the flavors to develop and enjoy!!
¼ cup yellow mustard seeds
¼ cup brown mustard seeds
1 cup white wine or water
4 tsp mustard powder
¼ cup white wine vinegar
½ tsp sea salt
- Soak Mustard seeds in the white wine or water overnight.
- Place seeds and liquid in food processor with the mustard powder, vinegar and sea salt and process till paste is formed
- Store in an air tight glass jar and refrigerate for 4 days before serving.
1 cup peeled and minced horseradish root
¾ cup white wine vinegar
¼ tsp sea salt
- Process all the ingredients in a food processor
- Enjoy right away or store in an air tight container in the fridge
Find more sugar free and nourishing recipes in our weight loss programs