Our skin is the largest organ in our body which plays an essential role in the elimination of toxins. Our skin is the last organ in the body to receive nutrients, yet the first to show signs of imbalances and deficiencies.
Benefits of dry brushing include:
- Increased circulation to the skin, this can play a role in decreasing the appearance of cellulite.
- Assists the body with shedding dead skin cells, and encourage new cell renewal.
- Assists in lymphatic drainage and elimination of metabolic waste
- Rejuvenated the nervous system by stimulating the nerve endings in our skin.
The good news is that its so easy to dry brush at home, you don’t need to pay for a pricey spa treatment.
You will only need to purchase a natural bristle brush, that has a long handle (so you can reach all areas of your body.
How to dry brush:
- Start on dry skin before bathing
- Work in gentle circular upward motions then long smooth stroke.
- Begin at your ankles in an upward motion toward the heart.
- Brush from your ankles to lower legs, thighs, stomach, back and arms.
- When you brush your back, brush from the neck down to the lower back.
- Shower after to clear your skin of the lifted dead skin cells.
- Never brush over inflamed skin, be careful and gentle.
Now you've detoxed your body from the outside in, it's time to detox your body from the inside out with a natural SkinnyMe Teatox: