To target this stubborn area, we need to use exercises that target all the muscles of the arm!
Whether you do a quick 15-minute circuit a day or incorporate these exercise into your gym regime, keeping these exercises consistent will bring you closer to your tones armed dreams.
- Start in a plank position or on your knees,
- Have your hands slightly under and outside of your shoulders
- Keep a tight core and lower your body towards the ground until your chest nearly touches the floor.
- As you lower yourself, tuck your elbows pulling them close towards your body, so your upper arms form a 45-degree angle, when your tors reaches the bottom hold for 1-2 seconds then push back to the starting position.
- Use a steady bench or chair, place your hands should-width apart on the bench and your feet as far out as you can. Your arms should be straight but with a slight bend in your elbows.
- Engage you core and slowly lower your upper body towards the floor by bending at the elbows until your upper arms are parallel with the floor. Keep your elbows tucked into your sides.
- Once at the bottom, contract your triceps and push yourself back up to the starting position.
- Using a pair of dumbbells
- Standing up straight holding the dumbbells with an underarm grip, keeping your elbows tight against your body bring your hands towards your shoulders.
- Slowly bring your hands/dumbbells back to your outer thigh.
You can use an exercise ball, or the floor.
- Holding a light dumbbell in each hand, lie face down on an exercise ball (or the floor), have your stomach and pelvis on the ball (or floor) and your toes on the floor and heels against a wall.
- Keeping your palms facing in, having your legs straight out and your core tight, raise your arms forward until in line with your torso, hold for a few seconds then lower the weights slowly.
For fun and effective toning exercises take a look at our SkinnyMe Weight Loss Programs. We spent a year collaborating with experts in nutrition, naturopathy, personal training and yoga to bring you these quality and effective Programs which are easily incorporated into your daily routine and produce real results.