Mindful eating is the process by which you slowly enjoy each bite of your meal and enjoy the tastes, flavours, chewing processed and the textures of the meal. When you sit down to eat that’s the only thing you do, no TV in the background, set aside time for eating without other entertainment.
The benefits of mindful eating include:
- Reduced over eating; I mean who enjoys going to bed with that bloated and stuffed feeling?
- Increased enjoyment of food; gaining a new found respect for food and increased pleasure from meal times.
- Improved Digestion; the digestive processes begin at the mouth, the chewing action and saliva produced in the mouth are essential for proper breakdown and absorption of nutrients.
- Being satisfied with less; being able to trust yourself to feel satisfied after one or two squares of chocolate. This means there is no temptation to finish the whole meal and can even reduce over eating.
- A healthy relationship with food; mindful eating involves enjoying the whole process of a meal.
For more health and wellness advice take a look at our SkinnyMe Weight Loss Programs. We spent a year collaborating with experts in nutrition, naturopathy, personal training and yoga to bring you these quality and effective Programs which are easily incorporated into your daily routine and produce real results.