Aloe Vera Lip Gloss Recipe
Makes 1/2 ounce
This light lip gloss will protect, shine and moisturize your lips. Aloe vera gel’s high moisture content is very soothing. If you have an aloe plant, simply split one of the leaves lengthwise and squeeze out some of the clear gel.
- 1 teaspoon fresh aloe vera gel
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- ⅛ teaspoon vitamin E oil
Mix together aloe and oils; stir well. Pour into a small, clean container.
Uplifting eye cream
- 4 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons calendula oil
- 2 teaspoons rosehip oil
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch or corn flour (the white one)
- 2 teaspoons melted beeswax (or 10g/0.3oz)
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- Using a double boiler or a stainless steel bowl sitting in a pan. Allow the water in the saucepan or base of the double to boil gently.
- Add all the ingredients, except for vitamin E and essential, to the stainless steel bowl (or top of the double boiler) and stir gently, ideally with a whisk, until well and truly melted.
- Take off the heat and off the water.
- Stir in essential oil and vitamin E.
- Pour into sterile jars.
- Put the lids on once the cream is set and cool.
By Cybele Masterman
Coffee Body Scrub
A DIY Lemongrass Coffee Body Scrub. Refreshing and invigorating it will leave your skin soft and glowing and your mind energized
Author: Kyrstie Barcak - A Fresh Legacy
Recipe type: Skin Care
- ¼ cup roughly ground coffee beans
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 2 tablespoons white clay
- 6 drops organic vanilla essence
- 10 drops lemongrass essential oil
- Melt the coconut oil and shea butter in a bowl that can sit over a saucepan of simmering water, or on low heat in a microwave.
- Add the above oils to the other ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine
- In the shower - use wet fingers to scoop out a portion of the scrub and apply to damp skin in the shower.
Rub all over the body, scrubbing gently in circular motions concentrating on "problem" areas