If you love baths, be prepared to kick your bathing time up a notch. A detox bath is a soothing Epsom salt bath that aids in relaxation and assists with drawing the toxins from our body.
In todays day and age are bodies are being exposed to more toxins than ever; the air we breathe, the food we eat, the medications we take and even the water we drink! These toxins build up in our body, referred to as our “toxic load’, and can cause irritation, harm and devastation of the body if left unchecked.
The good news is that a detox bath is one of easiest therapies we can do to facilitate our body’s natural detoxification processes. Detox baths are typically made from Epsom salts but you can add your own essential oils to double as aromatherapy!
Health Benefits of an Epsom salt bath include:
- Ease stress
- Improves sleep
- Regulate enzyme activity
- Reduce inflammation and relieve pain and muscle cramps
- Flush toxins
- Help ease migraines and head aches
How to draw a detox bath:
- Add 5-10 drops of your favorite essential oil to 2 cups of Epsom salt and fill your tub!
- You want the water hot so you can create a nice sweat
- Immerse yourself in the water, close your eyes and go through some breathing or meditation exercises for at least 20 minutes
- Once you are done, be careful exiting the tub as you will be a bit slimey, take your time.
- Have a shower to wash off the Epsom salt layer on your skin
- Dry completely
- Replace the water lost through sweating!
Now you've detoxed your body from the outside in, it's time to detox your body from the inside out with a natural SkinnyMe Teatox: